Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Nothing Much, Just Reading... Harold Sala's Winning Your Inner Struggles

Two of the things I did with in the last seven days: 1) Finish reading Winning Your Inner Struggles, 2) Watched Street Fighter: Legend Of Chun Li. OK, so I don't recommend #2. My expectation was really low, around 3 out of 10 (10 being the highest); but it was way lower than that. I did get a good laugh about the experience though.

Anyway, we all know that Harold and Darlene Sala are in the country for a month now. I attended one of their seminars on singleness in CBCP (Christian Bible Church of the Philippines) a few weeks ago. During that time, I bought a book (Winning Your Inner Struggles) with the thought that this might help me with some of my struggles with regards to temptations. But, it wasn't what I expected; it was better. It tackles almost every part of our self.... fear, emotion, anger, burn out, disappointments, worries, stress, etc. I've learned a lot that I've been praying to God to help me apply. 

One of the things I picked up is the line "you can let your emotions control your mind, or let your mind control your emotions." (This isn't the exact line, but it's more or less the same). If you're sad, depressed, emotional, tired - you'll really feel it once you let those feelings take over your mind and convince you. But we can do it the other way around... If you think you're happy, you will eventually be happy. Just let your mind do the controlling; don't let your emotions dictate how good or bad your day will be.

Also, as I was reading, some people came to my mind whom I wanted to recommend the book to. Friends of mine whom, I believe, can also learn from it. The further I read, more friends I thought of. So I was at a point where I thought this book could help all of us. The good thing about it is that Dr. Sala goes back to the Bible as one of his main reference which is very important. Before we apply what we read, we should always make sure that the author is not making up what he writes. So I recommend buying this book. Hey, it's P170. It's light and easy to read.

No comments: